With the ongoing pandemic of Coronavirus, the total number of global deaths is 29,532, confirmed infected cases of 616,742 and 203 countries are presently infected as at 29 March 2020. Nigeria presently has 97 confirmed cases and 1 death.
This trend is indeed worrisome as Nigeria is a developing nation and many fears that we may not have the medical capacity to handle large cases of infection like Italy, China, United Kingdom and even the United states.
That being said, it has become imperative that we practise the following in order to slow down the spread of the virus.
- Regular and periodic washing of hands with soap or sanitizer.
- Maintaining personal hygiene.
- Stay at home and practise social distaining- at least 6 feet apart form the next person.
- Eat lots of fruits and drink plenty of water.
- Follow the News and use technology to carry out economic activities.
Opinion Piece by Ejemai Olayemi, Ph.D.
Data: World Health Organisation
Image: Photo by Markus Spiske from Pexels
Please visit www.booksbyemo.com to read other articles.